Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Why I Chose College Football

       College Football has created an exciting event that I can look forward to in the fall by showing me that underdogs can win, sharing the team’s wins and losses as if they were your own, and hearing there is always something new coming. 
           

     The underdogs are the teams that everyone likes to cheer for, when a underdog upsets a favored opponent then the whole nation goes into a crazy frenzy. On October 19 there were eight upset victories over ranked opponents. This day was then known as “Upset Saturday.” Everyone notices when the underdogs win; it could rejuvenate an entire athletic program. I had a personal experience in this “upset Saturday”. I attended the South Carolina vs. Tennessee game. Tennessee upset then ranked number 7 Gamecocks 23-21 on a last second field goal. I remember crossing my fingers as me and thousands of ecstatic fans watched Michael Palardy kick the winning field goal and the entire stadium going crazy! It was one of the best emotions that I have felt in a long time and that I will feel in the future. 
           
     Every Saturday in the fall there is a chance for something new to happen. Whether its Oregon’s new uniforms or Missouri State’s 16 new turf designs for their new football field. There is always something new being developed in the college football world.
           
     These factors have motivated me to blog about college football because there are some many things going on in the world of College Football. Literally every day there is a new story about something going on in College Football. Something I would like to go more in depth in blog about is the emotion that the fans have about College Football. How winning and losing effects an average college football fan to them, this would be very interesting to me.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Bobby! Looking forward to reading about the cool things CFB will dish out each weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I did my topic on college football too as well so it will be interesting to see our different reactions to what happens on a week by week basis.

      Delete